- Carry out the safe and efficient operation of oil and gas production process and utility systems by monitoring and controlling wells, process plant, utility equipment and pipelines via SCADA control systems, to ensure production and environmental targets are met.
- Maintain safeguarding systems (F&G, ESD) at maximum functionality by control of inhibits and overrides and equipment out of service.
- Analyze production data and process behaviors and take action to rectify abnormal conditions.
- Gather data and assist in preparation of production reports
- Prepare detailed and accurate shift activity log. Ensure shift handover comprehensive and accurate.
- Manage chemical stocks and chemical injections optimization
- Maintain control room as emergency command and control center and act in emergency to make platform safe. Monitor and report on platform status for duration of any emergency.
- Monitor and direct plant operators and ensure production routine tasks completed on time.
- Interpret laboratory analysis results and take action to ensure specifications met.
- Electrical safety lock out procedures
- Understanding and use of P&ID drawings
- Understanding and use of C&E drawings
- Understanding of basic instrumentation and control equipment principles, and fault diagnosis of same.
- Safely and accurately carry out tasks as given by the production