To plan and direct the successful introduction, development, and implementation of cost-effective information and network systems that support and improve the efficiency of the Company’s business processes and aid decision making, and promote the use of and capability in Information Technology to meet the Company’s strategic objectives.
- Developing of IT strategy for the Company, establish and implement strategies, policies and procedures for the IT department to enable achievement of the Company’s strategic objectives.
- Engage with internal IT Staff to ensure services are designed with proper management processes.
- Ensure compliance with established IT processes. Prepare and implement new processes. Propose improvements to IT service management processes and practices.
- Control and maintain the documentation of all IT processes as well as documentation related to services.
- Interact with functional departments for updates and changes to these processes and documents
- Proactive actions to seek service improvements where needed and to eradicate any unacceptable levels of service.
- Ensure that all Service and Operating Level Agreements are being met and improved.
- Provide analysis and reporting internally to IT Management on the status of the Service and the relationship with the customer. Manage escalations.
- Manage the performance and development of an IT Service Management team, setting individual and team targets and monitoring progress and standards.
- Provide input to the budgetary process (including headcount, budgets, work plans, equipment) to ensure that medium-term needs are anticipated and planned for.
- Decide on the composition of team, both in terms of numbers and personalities to be involved, in order that individual skills are matched to development needs and that sufficient resources are allocated for timely product delivery.
- Liaise with functional departments to determine requirements and prioritises work programmes to best meet Organisation objectives and achieve optimum deployment of resources.
- Liaise with IT functions to establish the required plans to build/modify the services required to meet the organization’s requirements.
- Contribute to the formulation of IT strategy and business plans to ensure broader needs and priorities are fed into the objectives for own area.
- Disseminate and escalate communications in all directions to ensure that timely and appropriate information is delivered to relevant parties.
- Proactively evaluate the performance of existing IT services to identify any future changes or problems and make recommendations or ensure appropriate action is taken.
- Establish performance targets for vendors and suppliers, and monitor their performance according to these targets. Liaise with the vendors’ teams to review their performance and resolve exceptions.
- Guide, advise, and provide direction to subordinates to assist in their development and ensure that procedurally compliant practices are adopted.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 15 years’ experience managing a medium scale network, of which 5 years leadership experience of having led a multi-cultural, multi-national team, creating a highly motivated and reliable work force.
- Project Management skills, PMP or PRINCE2 certification a plus.
- ITSM foundation certificate is required. ITSM Practitioner/Expert or COBIT Certificate is a major plus.
- Technical knowledge of IT Systems, Networks and Operations
- Experience with application development best practices.
- Experience with business process optimization and continuous improvement cycle.
- Experience managing large setup ERP systems, understanding of ERP concepts and technology layers, preferable Oracle e-Business suite.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to lead teams
- Strong ability to evaluate the technology and service needs of a large and diverse enterprise.
- Exceptional judgment and decision making with strong planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills