- Erect and dismantle different types of scaffolding to provide work platforms, access and ladder systems using safe practices.
- Identify and erect different system scaffolds and towers.
- Check requirements from drawing ang written instructions, select materials and set ground levels.
- Fit together steel pipes, support braces and clamps to form traces for scaffolds.
- Lift and position sections of scaffolding and bolts pipes together to build up scaffolding
- Places planks over horizontal bars to create work platforms
- Check levels in scaffolding structures
- Use prefabricated scaffolding for lower heights
- Select and use platform materials
- Dismantle scaffolding at the completion of the job
- Familiar with HSE and OHS Regulations and identifies CSA Standards
- Familiar with hazards and safety precautions of the scaffolding trade
- Eight (8) years experience in a gas plant, refinery or petrochemical industry as a scaffolder.
- Physically fit, able to work at heights, have sense of balance and able to use hand tools and work in a team